Monday, April 2, 2012

Talk is cheap

When I was in high school I used to save “Quotable Quotes” from the Sunday paper and the one I remember the most and has been a lesson in life is: Talk is cheap – I’m sure many of you have heard that but have you heard the rest of it. Talk is cheap but you can’t buy it back. I learned that lesson the hard way.

Again, while in high school a friend told me something about another friend that I believed to be true so I also passed it on. We both found out the hard way that the statement wasn’t true and we hurt another friend’s feelings. At this point I don’t even remember what it was about but I do remember the results and how something said so innocently could spread like wild-fire.

From that point on I tried my best to be sure what I said wasn’t something that I would regret saying or more importantly, something I could not buy back.

Now, with having a life threatening and rare disease it is important to remember when you say something about it, especially to a newbie, it should be something that is understandable and not something to fear although it is a scary disease. Pulmonary Hypertension – rare, progressive, life threatening and no cure as yet. Then I also remember there are several therapies that help retard or slow the progression of the disease. It is doable with proper treatment and we are all so different with what will work for us.

Merle
Remember to smile – it’s contagious  another good quote

No comments: