Saturday, April 14, 2012

DREAMS….


As a child my Aunt bought me (from a yard sale) the book and records of Cinderella and one of my favorite songs from it was: A Dream is a Wish Your Heat Makes

A dream is a wish your heart makes
when you're fast asleep.
In dreams you will lose your heartaches,
whatever you wish for you keep.

Have faith in your dreams and someday,
your rainbow will come smiling through.
No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing
the dream that you wish will come true.

I think of that now when I have this chronic disease, the dastardly disease pulmonary hypertension. My dream of course, would not to have it at all. Then, well I’m not sure it’s a dream, but I would like to get up from a chair and not have to worry about carrying my pouch – sometimes I wear it around my wasit but then if I do, it’s difficult to sit with it on so it’s just easier for me to carry it – some days it feels like it weighs 20 lbs when in fact it’s only about 4+ lbs. The pouch contains the pump and I “stash” a few other things in it as well, pen, paper etc.

I have an IV infusion medication. A tube goes into my chest and then follows the vein right into my heart. I am attached to this 24/7/365. I mix my medicine every other day and attach it to the pump that is attached to the IV line. “Have faith in your dreams and someday….” Someday maybe I will have another medication that won’t be attached to me. An oral medication would be great. Or maybe with all the research going on they will find a cure. Whoo Hoo on that one.

I think about the dreams that others mention. A trip to a favorite place, an extended vacation. Doing great at their job, finding romance :o}. There are all sorts of dreams. I think about the words to "The Impossible Dream"
To dream ... the impossible dream ...
To fight ... the unbeatable foe ...
To bear ... with unbearable sorrow ...
To run ... where the brave dare not go ...
To right ... the unrightable wrong ...
To love ... pure and chaste from afar ...
To try ... when your arms are too weary ...
To reach ... the unreachable star ...

And I think of Susan Boyle with her amazing voice that brings tears to my eyes and chills up my spine. She had a dream… and she gives me hope. She is an amazing inspiration to me and the words to "her" song; like I said, chills. One of the best inspirational videos ever - Susan Boyle – Britain’s Got Talent 2009

Remember to smile, it’s contagious.

No comments: