Friday, April 13, 2012

Did you know…..


Friday the 13th. Variously believed to be a lucky or an unlucky day. Every year has at least one Friday the 13th, but never more than three. In numerology, the number twelve is considered the number of completeness, as reflected in the twelve months of the year, twelve hours of the clock, twelve gods of Olympus, twelve tribes of Israel, twelve Apostles of Jesus, the 12 successors of Muhammad in Shia Islam, etc., whereas the number thirteen was considered irregular, transgressing this completeness.

Friday has been considered an unlucky day at least since the 14th century's The Canterbury Tales, and many other professions have regarded Friday as an unlucky day to undertake journeys, begin new projects or deploy releases in production. Black Friday has been associated with stock market crashes and other disasters since the 1800s. And other traditions have the unlucky days as Tuesday the 13th or Friday the 17th. So depending upon which side of the ocean you are from, depends on which is a lucky or unlucky day.

So there you have it. It’s either lucky or unlucky. I prefer the lucky part myself. A lot of gratitude can change that attitude and today I was asked to list 10 things I couldn’t live without. With what I have been through, that just “ain’t gonna happen”.

I believe in being positive or having a positive attitude, I believe in being grateful for what I do have as simple as that may sound. I joke with phriends that I used to be rich and famous, now I’m poor an infamous. Having a life threatening dastardly disease just takes the “wind” away from you sometimes. So if we think positive and do “what the doctor orders” we should be on the right track to an almost “normal” as we can make it, life. Having a disability or an overwhelming disease can be life changing and life altering. Our routine is now compromised; although many have been known to get back into their grove; been able to go back to work; to live with their family. I have not been that lucky; but I’m doing and that’s what is important.

I have always considered 13 as a lucky number for me, just one of those things when I hear unlucky or a negative thought, I do my best to change it or turn it around. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Remember to smile – it’s contagious
Try it, you’ll like it :o}

No comments: