Saturday, January 31, 2009

Steeler Fans

Now I'm not much of a football fan BUT I do know when you live in Steeler Country it is something special to behold and that's not just for the Pittsburgh area. There are Steeler fans all over this country and I'm sure else where in this world. :o)

Now don't get me wrong -- I may not enjoy watching football but I am a Steeler fan. I will root and cheer along with the best of them and it's a thumbs up for a win or a mention of their name. And BTW -- they, the Steelers, need another Super Bowl ring for their other thumb. *;* That would make 6, yes 6 Super Bowl wins.

The first Super Bowl game was played in 1967 in Los Angles and in 1979 the Steelers had their first win. Only 2 other teams besides the Steelers have won 5 Super Bowl Rings. The Steelers really are an awesome group of players and I wish them well. I guess I don't really need to say that as they will WIN... Go Steelers. Over the years the Super Bowl has become the most-watched U.S. television broadcast of the year. Super Bowl parties are a "thing". Team items are a "thing".

One of my friends asked me what the Terrible Crying towel is -- so I took a picture of mine on my sofa.... And this is a little bit about it:
In 1996, Myron Cope, a radio broadcaster for the Steelers, created a gimmic. This has become a legend in its time and in 1996 he gave the rights to The Terrible Towel to the Allegheny Valley School in Corapolis, Pennsylvania. The agency provides care for more than 900 people with mental retardation and physical disabilities, including Cope's autistic son. No proceeds went to Myron Cope and trust me when I say, it's a big seller. Just watch a Steeler game and see them being twirled around.

Here we go Steelers, Here we go.... Pittsburgh's goin to the Super Bowl ~ Here we go....

THEY WON!!!!

Now don't forget to SMILE -- it's contagious.

OHPA


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although I wanted AZ to win...just because they had never won..I thought of YOU when the Steelers won:)) Congrats :)

Hugs,
Jen