Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Has Sprung

Spring has sprung, the grass has riz, I wonder where the daisies is.

This is something I remember from way back when -- there is more to it but for right now, that will do. As far as the grass has riz, well. At least I can see it now. The snow is mostly gone just patches of it left here and there and what we were suppose to get today DIDN'T HAPPEN. Yippy, Skippy... I am tired of being cold, I am tired of seeing cold -- it has been an exceptionally long winter and I am SICK AND TIRED OF IT!!!!!

The beginning of this month, the 8th to be exact, I was to have my first Support Group Meeting of the year. We intentionally skipped January because it is January and who knows what snow might befall us. Well, guess what, January was pretty decent but come the 7th of March there was this MAJOR snow warning. Suppose to be the biggest snow fall of the winter season. I had to call all those who responded they would come to the meeting and tell them it was postponed. I sent an e-mail to those I have e-mail addy's for and posted on the site. I had to call the Library where we meet to see what would be the next available date we could have a meeting, that ended up being the 22nd of March. Sounded good, the only problem with that date is, it was the day before Easter and some folks had plans.

Well, back to that major snowstorm. It was and I am soooo grateful that I postponed the meeting. The Cleveland area got about 20" of snow. It was a record breaker and the further west you went in Ohio, the more snow they got. Some of the members wrote and told me they had 4' snow drifts in their yard. I had mentioned to some that if I had to go by snowshoe, I was going to the meeting but when Friday came and I saw how dangerous it could be for others to travel, it was a no brainer -- we could have the meeting another day.

Then comes time for the new date. You guessed it, another snow storm only 6" this time. I had people call and ask if it would be postponed again but I had checked with the Cleveland area weather and they said by 10 a.m. the roads would be dry as the sun would melt most of the snow.

We had our meeting and it was good to see everyone again. I started off by saying, Happy New Year, Happy Ground Hog Day, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy St. Patrick's Day. So much had happened since we last met in December, I had 4 pages of notes. I expected 42 but had some cancellations at the last minute. Those that had colds didn't come as they didn't want to spread any germs around. I am thankful for that. We PHers have to be careful, we tend to "catch" things very easily.

This year we have a clean up crew and they did a great job. We have to wipe down the tables, vacuum the carpet and put out the trash. Does that sound like a sound.... :o)

Now I'll have to get ready for our May meeting *;*

Have a great day.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

I am awaiting the warmer weather just as much as you are!! I'm glad you finally had your meeting! The snow is HOPEFULLY gone for the season now. I'm now knocking on wood!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Merle,
Glad that things are starting to be more Spring like there:)) I know you all are sick and tired of that snow..Sending you lots of sunshine in the near future...
See ya later at chat:))
Take care,
Jen