Monday, March 3, 2008

Another Super Tuesday coming right up

I'm not sure if I want to say it's our right and privilege to vote or it's our privilege and right to vote. But either way, we need to VOTE. Some of our votes will wipe out someone else's vote but at least we are voting and have that privilege to do so. This is a great country many don't realize how fortunate we are.

Some will moan and groan about this is the way it should be, some will moan and groan that it should be a different way. It really doesn't matter how you moan and groan unless you VOTE and let your respective politicians know what you want and how you feel about a "situation" for lack of a better word; they will never know unless you tell them. And you need to tell them when they are elected. How do you feel about this legislation, how do you feel about a different one. They need to know, and we need to tell them.

Tomorrow is a way to let them know. Ohio, Texas and Vermont have their primaries and that will be a start to let them know WHO you want to represent you. The main election will be November 4th. Now that's going to be a day of infamy. I'm not sure if I'm excited about that or totally scared... there is a lot going on in this country right now. Moaners and groaners are in action and are being heard but are they listening?

We of course all want someone who cares, someone who will listen is also a key element; someone who will do what we want or need them to do. Someone who will guide us in the right direction; and when I say us, I also mean this country. Years ago I read a book and I think it was titled: P. S. You're Not Listening. It was about a special needs teacher who taught mentally challenged students. The main jist of the story is/was, sometimes we hear but we are not listening.... Good point. I try very hard to remember that.

Well, get out there and vote. Vote for your choice. Vote for what you believe is right. There are many countries that do not have this choice. That's what is so great about this country we don't have to agree and we can disagree with each other but we do need to VOTE. Let your voice be heard, chose some who you feel will listen.... You are a registered voter, right.

Sometime in the near future, I will write with what I want them, the politicians, to hear -- oops, listen to.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Well I know you and I sure disagree (lol), but you're right, voting is so important!! I yelled at my sister for not voting in our primary. I sure hope she does on Nov. 4th!! If not, she has no right to complain about who was voted into office!! I hope you get to your voting place safely tomorrow!
~Colleen :)